peeing in the crate

Thread: peeing in the crate

Defaultpeeing in the crate

We're having problem with Shelby being in her crate at my boyfriends house. She is 4months old, at my house she does wonderful in the crate, no accidents, but when we are at my bf house and we put her in the crate when we leave for a bit and have come back with her having pee'd in the crate. The first time this happened we were gone for about 2 hrs to go see a movie, and tonight he was gone for about an hour to go to the store and she had pee'd in the crate. She is at his house alot, she loves going over to his place, much more space than what i have, but she is not in the crate so much like at my house. We have the same crates, and she knows she is bad or wrong for peeing because when he returns she is so lovable, almost like she is saying "sorry" Any suggestions on what to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: peeing in the crate

It may be the change of environment your taking her out of her home maybe she’s nervous that you will leaver her. Closely monitor her water intake and make sure she pees before you leave. try giving her a frozen stuffed Kong to keep her busy.

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

\\Could also be that there is some residual pee smell in there from prior accidents. Clean it thoroughly with some Natures Miracle and the problem may go away.

Is the crate larger than the one at home?
    Sharon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i figured it was just nerves when in the crate at his place, she is very familar with my bf house, just not in the crate very much when at his house. it is the same exact crate that i have at my house. guess we'll just have to use it a bit more when there. he always takes her out to go potty before he leaves and is usually only gone for an hour or so to do some errands etc....