Agility in Lansing, MI??

Thread: Agility in Lansing, MI??

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultAgility in Lansing, MI??

Hi guys,

Well Abbey is a little over a year now and I am considering starting her with agility. She's a fast little stinker, so I think she could be good at it!

Abbey is a Lab mix, so I don't have "papers" on her at all, but does that matter in normal agility competitions?

Also, for those of you in MI, do you know if there are any training places in/near Lansing that offer agility courses??

Thanks!!

Justine

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Agility in Lansing, MI??

the CPE nationals were held just outside Lansing and Kaytris and I were there!!!

the host club should have info on clubs in the area I'd think

http://user.cvm.msu.edu/~striler/cccc.htm

hopefully this will help you out

cheers

and GOOD LUCK
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

agilityretrievers is offline Senior Member

You can get a PAL number with AKC to compete in agility, obedience, and tracking. And any other organization you can compete with a mixed breed dog.

I would go with the club that conrad posted. I found another trainer in the area but they seem kind of questionable/odd (their definition of "advanced agility" class is dogs that are sequencing, it says their dog is an "agility champion" but it doesn't say in which venue and the titles the dog does have are sort of inconsistent with having any championship title, etc - they could just have a poorly done web site, but I'd look elsewhere).
    Katie, MACH Dusty NAP OJP AAD EAC OGC OJC RS-E GV-E JS-O CL4-R C-JrH CGC, and Boo AX OAJ

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Hmm. Going to have to check that club out, especially since it's at MSU in the Vet school that I will eventually be attending..! And it's about 5 minutes from my apartment!

Thanks!!

agilityretrievers is offline Senior Member

Awesome! I drive over an hour one-way to agility class, so I'm jealous ...
    Katie, MACH Dusty NAP OJP AAD EAC OGC OJC RS-E GV-E JS-O CL4-R C-JrH CGC, and Boo AX OAJ

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

I've been a member of CCCC for six years now...great club We hold AKC, UKC and CPE events and classes for the public. I teach the puppy agility class. Our next UKC trial is Aug 23-24 in Willimston, come by and say hey!

As someone else said, if your dog looks purebred, you can get an ILP number and compete in AKC. Mix breeds are allowed as they are in UKC and CPE.
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />