Need MaceFace help

Thread: Need MaceFace help

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed MaceFace help

Cross-posting from my Golden board. I only got 5 replies there though so I thought I'd try here!

Macy is 9 months old now and she's getting smarter and smarter everyday. We adore this dog! Well, except for two things.

She's a B-A-R-K-E-R!!!!!!!! She barks her head off when she's playing with Frankie. You all know that annoying yippy Golden bark of which I speak. She also barks at anyone who comes to our house, or walks by our house. She learned this from Tucker. Why couldn't she have learned to keep her mouth zipped like Frankie? Nooooo, she has to choose Tuckers bad habits. We tried teaching her "quiet" but that didn't do anything. Now I say "no" and she kind of stops......but not really. How do I fix this? Can I at this point?

The other is she's a "mouther". I'm not gonna say "biter" because she doesn't put pressure on, but some friends get really pissed when she does this. I'm teaching her "no bite". I say "No bite Macy, kisses!" and I give her a kiss or put my face to hers so she can kiss me. Anything else I can do?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need MaceFace help

For the 2nd one put a toy in her mouth each time she takes your hand in her mouth.

For the 1st. I had a barker. My last lab Tucson didn't know when to quit barking. Because she had been abused by a previous owner and had multiple issues I had to hire a behaviorist. We took care of the barking in 2 days. What we did was set her up. I put her choke collar on and sat her inside the front door. The trainer knocked at the door. Each time she barked I gave a quick jerk to the chain and said "NO BARK." Worked like a charm.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need MaceFace help

Great Danie - thanks!!! I don't want to use "no bark" though because it sounds too much like "no bite". I think I'll stick to "quiet". I can't wait to try it!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"