6mths old now...approx. what age should adult height be obtained?

Thread: 6mths old now...approx. what age should adult height be obtained?

YellowFurBaby is offline Senior Member

Default6mths old now...approx. what age should adult height be obtained?

Abbey is doing great and will be 6mths on July 13th. My, how time flies! :'(

We weighed her today and she has gone through another growth spurt. From 7wks on she has been gaining 2lbs per week, then she started going through weeks where she wouldn't gain anything and then BOOM, gain 3-4lbs in a week. She was 43.5 lbs last week and she's 47lbs today. :embarrass:

She gets fed 4 cups of C&R Canidae/day, but we're trying out some Eagle Pack Holistic Large Breed Puppy because our store didn't order in our usual Canidae. :suspious:

So...she's 47lbs, 6mths old and about 20" tall at the shoulder. When should I expect her to have obtained her adult height? Would she be about 75% done growing by now, any estimates on full grown height/weight? (she was 11lbs at 7wks, her dad is in the 90s and mom- 70s).

She's awesome, really laid back and well behaved. She always needs to be touching me, which I find very sweet. She's been to the lake a few times and LOVES the water, it always starts butt-tucking sessions.
    ~~Lisa and Abbey 1/13/08<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TwoLabs is offline Member

DefaultRe: 6mths old now...approx. what age should adult height be obtained?

Clancy turned one on June 2nd. In the last 2 or 3 months he has grown 1.5 - 2 inches in height. I think he's done now! :surprise:

YellowFurBaby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLabs
    Clancy turned one on June 2nd. In the last 2 or 3 months he has grown 1.5 - 2 inches in height. I think he's done now! :surprise:
    Happy 1st birthday to your little man! I just saw an 11wk old golden at the park the other day and it about brought me to tears. LOL I wonder if males and females differ in how long they take to reach adult height?
    ~~Lisa and Abbey 1/13/08<br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TimC. is offline Senior Member

Adult height is reached at about the first year. Adult weight around a year and a half.
    Olie

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Ditto what Olie said
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

vute81 is offline Junior Member

Kina is about 1.5 years old now and she's been at about 75 lbs for awhile, so I would say about 15-18 mos.

We also started her off eating 3 times a day then cut it down to 2 times, which she still gets now and a little under 4 cups a day...and we switched her to adult food around 1 yr.