weekly puppy thread- June 30th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekly puppy thread- June 30th

hikingchick is offline Member

Defaultweekly puppy thread- June 30th

Thought I would start our weekly puppy thread.

Leonidas graduates from puppy-K tonight! :educated: We will definitely post pics. He has shown so much improvement, I am so proud...however I think we may have hit the doggy equivalent of the "terrible twos!" He has started really testing his boundaries, jumping on furniture, counter-surfing, and stealing stuff he isn't supposed to have. We are sticking to the training and I know its just a phase but sometimes its just...ARRRGGHH :no:. He is ok with me but with my DH he is really bad, not sure why that is but we are working on it.

How are all of your pups doing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: weekly puppy thread- June 30th

Autumn is doing Great just had her final puppy check up, my vet likes her so much he keeps kiddingly trying to bribe me to let him have her. I just wish it would reflect on the bill

This weeks milestone was she went for her first real swim I took her a few weeks ago but she only waded in and didn’t really “swim” this week however she was doing her best and even retrieving a ball in the water.

Still working on the potty training, If I don’t watch her I will find piles and puddles :vomit:

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

i enjoy these puppy threads even though i havent got a puppy :gum:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaznalf
    i enjoy these puppy threads even though i havent got a puppy :gum:
    You can come petsit Samwise so I can finally go to the grocery store! Had him five weeks today and I still haven't left him home alone. Last week we went outside for like 10 minutes (less I think) and came back in to see he had knocked over a television trying to see out the window!! :scare: So glad nobody got hurt! He's really doing well with his crate at night time, I am going to start introducing him into it through out the day too. I'm afraid if I just crated him and left he'd hurt himself somehow. My other two don't even need a crate when I leave, but I KNOW Sam would DESTROY everything and prolly himself too! I can't even go to the bathroom at night without him hollering and whining from his crate, minute I'm back in bed he thumps his tail and promptly goes back to bed!

He gets his last boosters today at the vet and going to discuss fixing him, though with his recent seizures I'm a bit scared of it. If the vet recommends waiting till he's older I'm going to have to do some serious talking to the shelter I got him from!

Potty training is...well it's potty training. I know he can hold it because he does all night, but he'll puddle every 15 minutes for 2 hours sometimes! Or I'll take him out, he'll potty then come in and potty again!

I definitely have a real lab puppy this time, my other two spoiled me. Lucky chewed a vacuum cord and a cell phone charger, those are the only two things I remember, maybe a few toys as well. Sam has already tore up pieces of my kitchen flooring! Definately keeps you on your toes! But he's a blast, the perfect playmate. Will have to see how the rest of the week goes!

"But Mom I was fixing it for you!"
    -Brandie<br /><br /><br />Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador or three in your lap.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

My boys are good. They'll be "officially" 4 months old on July 4th. They are going in for their rabies shots today. I'll get a weight on them too. Then they are free to go wherever they want, although I have been walking them in the neighborhood already.

They have been doing so good with training though we had a bit of an incident last night. I was getting the dogs' dinners ready. I had all the bowls, and heading for the laundry room (where we store the kibble). Jackson is "herding" me and getting under my feet. Then he just stopped dead in his tracks, I can't get around him, and he PEES on the carpet. What a FREAK! We hurried him outside where he continued to pee like a racehorse. All the while, the back door is OPEN. I think he just got too excited by the prospect of eating!

Jed's been ignoring his dad, who was the big proponent for letting him stay with us. DH was looking a bit annoyed that no calling or whistling could get the stubborn puppy to come say HI to him. I joked with DH, "Can we sell him now???" Like that would ever happen.

GTownPride is offline Senior Member

Bunny's been great this week, she's a week over 5 months now and she's losing her puppy face more and more. I had to go away over the weekend so she stayed with friends of mine and I was terribly sad to leave her. I picked her up on Monday afternoon and she was so excited to see me she peed all over their kitchen floor. :surprise:

Today she seems to have an upset tummy, squirts and all :vomit:. I woke up to a very smelly crate but she somehow managed to stay clean. We had a water main break in our neighborhood and I think she may have drank some of the muddy water, so I'm hoping it'll pass without a visit to the vet. One can only hope.

sarah is offline Senior Member

this week Milly decided to remove my gerbera's from their pots, hide my mobile phone (not a scratch on it though which was unbelievable) and graduate up to 2nd class in Obedience!! I was very proud of her graduating, she was the youngest in her class and the only one to graduate... although last night at obedience was a disaster... she hardly listened to me at all!

Another good week from us though!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Unicus is offline Junior Member

I'm new to the forums... is it OK if I join these posts?

Bailey is 4 months... well, 18 weeks, and is doing pretty good. I only got him less than a week ago so we are still settling into a routine but we are getting there He has had some training already but I don't think it was consistant so he has his ups and downs but on the whole he is pretty good. He gets a little disruptive if left alone for too long, like at night time, so now I'm putting him out the kitchen when I go to bed where there is nothing for him to chew except his toys and he seems to be responding well to that. He sits and comes on command but I have yet to try him outside and off the lead as I don't think he is ready yet. On the lead he is fab tho, he rarely pulls and if he does I'll just stop walking and tell him to heel before carrying on.

So far a good week for us, he is so eager to please our training sessions are so much fun!
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Dave121 is offline Member

Happy 4th July to everyone.

I really enjoyed reading all the posts this week. fburke - The pictures of Autumn swimming are great - it really inspired us to take our pup for a swim!

Dexter spent four days in a doggie motel and we really missed him while we were away. However, I am pleased to report that the motel is fantastic. He had his own room complete with pictures on the wall, lots of nice toys and 4-5 walks/playtimes (frizbee etc) per day. It was like home from home so to speak. Some of the other rooms have sofas and televisions but we did not want dexter chewing the sofa so we asked for a plain room and took his own crate and bedding. The owners of the motel are so nice and really care for all the dogs that stay. Dexter was happy, tired and excited to see us when we collected him. Here is the website for Wags Pet Motel for anyone who may live near..................

http://www.wagspetmotel.com/

sarah is offline Senior Member

I just wanted to add that Milly jumped up onto our bed this morning on her own!!!!!!!!! Ruh Roh........ here we go!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast