shots...behavior...leash biting etc...

Thread: shots...behavior...leash biting etc...

RiverGrove is offline Junior Member

Defaultshots...behavior...leash biting etc...

Hi everyone,

I posted here a few weeks ago and we finally picked up our yellow girl Lexi last Friday. She is almost 9 weeks old (on this Monday).

Things have been going pretty good. She is sleeping from 10 until 6-630-ish with no accidents in her crate. We moved her crate into our bedroom on the 3rd night and that seemed to fix the "howling" issue.

Housetraining has been not too bad. An accident or two every few days. Probably our fault...not hers.

She sits on command and loves her treat after she "does her job" outside.

Sooo....today I took her to the vet again. I took her last Saturday to have a check up the day after we got her. She has been dewormed 3 times and had first set of shots at 6 weeks. The vet said that was too early and wanted her back today to booster the shot. Last weekend she also got a a interceptor pill at that first visit.

Anyway, we went back this morning to have the booster (as I said she is almost 9 weeks old). Since we got home today she has been acting a little goofy. Growling at one of my daughters and challenging me with extreme leash biting when I take her out to pee/poop. I tried to get her to drop it, but she got very aggresive about it and I got a bite! I think I just got in the way of her leash obsession. She just seems out of sorts. Is this normal post vacc. behavior or a new puppy phase we need to address quickly? Any experience with this?

I wanted to post her adorable pics, but not sure why they aren't showing up. Any advice on that front would be appreciated as well!

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: shots...behavior...leash biting etc...

What you're describing sounds like typical labrador puppy behaviour, and not challenging or aggressive in any way. I'm also a little hesitant to think it's related to her vaccine, but I am by no means all-knowing (yet. ). Lab pups are mouthy as all get-out, and I can't even count the number of times someone has complained of their "aggressive" "dominant" (etc etc) puppy, when really, the puppy is being just that, a puppy.

Figure out a way of training "no bite" that you're comfortable with (if you do a search on this forum there are lots discussed) and stick with it (the consistency is the most important part).

Good luck!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

sarah is offline Senior Member

Your puppy is being a puppy... as Kate said this topic has been discussed SO many times in the training section of this forum you should be able to find LOADS of assistance.

Here are some threads that may help:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,24605.0.html

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,24255.0.html

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,76611.0.html

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,78483.0.html

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Lexi - I use Photobucket to upload my photo's. I upload them to photobucket and then copy the image file path to the body of my posts (has IMG infront of it) and you shouldn't have any issues!

Cheers Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RiverGrove is offline Junior Member

Thanks everyone,

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a old and long drawn out topic!!! Guess I am a real puppy newbie! Thank you for replying and leading me to those links. Glad to know this is all normal.

Thanks for the photo tips I will post some here and a few more in the introductions section.

imported_LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

she is adorable!!

I agree it's typical puppy behavior, Sam is a handful
    -Brandie<br /><br /><br />Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador or three in your lap.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Lexi is super adorable!! What a face!! Now that you've shown those pictures I don't believe a word of your original post.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!