Leash training

Thread: Leash training

VTEnviro is offline Senior Member

DefaultLeash training

Once again my little Rupert continues to impress us with how well he learns most things. I had a graduation to go to on Sunday and knew it would be WAY too hot to leave him in the car. So we needed to bring him with us. Saturday morning I put him on it for the first time. He chewed it, tried to pull away, and was resistant to follow my lead. Not unexpected.

We walked for 40 minutes. By the end he was figuring it out. Then yesterday at a graduation with thousands of people there, he was a charm! Sat on command, rarely jumped on people, played with other dogs, etc. I couldn't believe it! He's just such a great puppy!

He pulls a little but not hard, tends to weave back and forth in front of me, and has no concept of heel. These will come in time I'm sure.

I usually post my questions but I was so happy I just had to post a success story!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Leash training

WTG Rupert!! Love reading little steps of success with new puppies ... it's nice reading!!!

Well done - you really HAVE to post some more pictures of your little fella too you know!! I'm obsessed with "awwing" over little chocolate male lab puppies at the moment after seeing lab addict's pics of little Chips!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

VTEnviro is offline Senior Member

I'll get those posted this evening when I get home. We have some adorable ones.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YAY!!!!!!!