Drinking as much water as possible....

Thread: Drinking as much water as possible....

DefaultDrinking as much water as possible....

I am hoping that someone out there has some advice on helping me out with this problem.... we have a one year old (Chloe) and we live right near the beach. We love bringing her there but when she plays in the water or swims, she drinks as much water as she possibly can. Because it's salt water, it makes her stomach really upset. Any advice on getting her to stop? She's grown up on the beach, so it's not a new place for her. I have tried distracting her, yelling no, etc., but the girl won't stop! Thanks for any help or ideas- Mary

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Drinking as much water as possible....

Quote Originally Posted by mez8979
    I am hoping that someone out there has some advice on helping me out with this problem.... we have a one year old (Chloe) and we live right near the beach. We love bringing her there but when she plays in the water or swims, she drinks as much water as she possibly can. Because it's salt water, it makes her stomach really upset. Any advice on getting her to stop? She's grown up on the beach, so it's not a new place for her. I have tried distracting her, yelling no, etc., but the girl won't stop! Thanks for any help or ideas- Mary

If she is only doing this at the beach - then I would say that you should bring along some water for her to drink - once she is full of non-salty water she should not be so interested in the sea water.

If she is always craving water and drinking a lot (much more than she would actually need) then you should have her checked at the vet. Mine did that and was eventually diagnosed with diabetes. Not that I am saying your dog is sick - just something to be aware of.

DefaultRe: Drinking as much water as possible....

thanks for the ideas... I think I will try bringing water with me and see if that helps!