Fighting over EVERYTHING and barking!

Thread: Fighting over EVERYTHING and barking!

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultFighting over EVERYTHING and barking!

**already posted in Lab Chat**

Hi everyone,

So when we first got Sasha, she was definitely dominating over Abbey - stealing all of Abbey's snacks, toys, etc. We've had Sasha for a while now and Abbey is starting to fight back, which is good... but now every time they get something (snacks, nylabones, toys, ANYTHING) they fight like crazy and get pretty vicious, to the point that we have to break up the bitey face games... :no:

We just got one of those 5 ft cheapy kiddie pools, which the two of them LOVE. Abbey likes to "dig" in the pool and Sasha likes to splash around. This pool isn't THAT big, but the two of them can play side by side with no problems. Majority of the time, Sasha just sits there and splashes around and when Abbey tries to get near, Sasha barks as if she's saying "THIS IS MINE!" :tease:

Can anyone in a multi-dog household give me any pointers on how to get them to "share"? We've had to get rid of things like rawhides because they just start fights between them.

Also, Sasha is a HUGE barker... When they play bitey face, she's a constant barker/whiner. The whining isn't too bad, but the bark is high pitched and hurts your ears.. And when they are outside she barks like crazy, which annoys us, let alone my neighbors.

Anyone have any tips on how to cut down on her barking??

Thanksss!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Fighting over EVERYTHING and barking!

I do not have an answer for you as I have a male and female - not 2 females like you - and my female pushes the male around all the time. They have a functional relationship that depends on him bowing to her will.

You may have 2 females who both wish to have equal footing in the household. They may have to test each other until they work it out. They are about the same age, right?

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fighting over EVERYTHING and barking!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog
    You may have 2 females who both wish to have equal footing in the household. They may have to test each other until they work it out. They are about the same age, right?
    Yeah, they are approximately a few months different in age, but pretty close. Abbey's just over a year and we think Sasha is around the same.

I guess we'll just wait it out...!