really snappy at night...

Thread: really snappy at night...

Defaultreally snappy at night...

Leonidas has gotten much better about mouthing and nipping this week during the day...for some reason however, around 8 or 9 at night he gets REALLY mouthy and snaps like a gator at me constantly! We have tried walks, playtime, training time, ect. at this time of night to give him a distraction and let him burn off some energy but it still happens. I am a stay at home mom so he gets attention and stuff to do (toys, walks, playtime, obedience training). What's the deal at night? Any explanations or suggestions? I really want to nip this behavior NOW before he gets bigger, it already hurts at 11 weeks old!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: really snappy at night...

he's probably overtired. Give him a small biscuit and put him in his kennel.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DH used to call this Sammis' "Happy Hour", didn't matter how much exercise she received, in the evening for about an hour she had the "zippies" as we called it! I agree 100% with Kaytris, looking back I think she was just over tired. Good luck and just know it will pass! Di

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

I agree with both other posters. It's probably your puppies bedtime!

Milly is 5 months and when she gets tired she goes all crazy around the house running like she's posessed for about 10 minutes then grabs her favourite bunny and takes herself to bed. But when she was little it was crazy puppy bitey time. Your puppy will stop it eventually.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia