Help!!! Problem with breeder!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! Problem with breeder!!!!

DefaultHelp!!! Problem with breeder!!!!

I bought my pup from a guy in Fenton, MI and I was guaranteed akc papers and health guarantee and have not got them! I've even went to his house to get them and didn't get them! I feel that I've been scammed. I've called him about 4 times in the past month about the papers and he has made excuses for not sending them out! After going to his house a couple of days ago when he said he was going to leave them on the door step and they were not there I left a message about how I'm demanding 4 the papers and how unethical bussiness practice he does. He this anything I can do with this situation and to get registered with the akc! Help please!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help!!! Problem with breeder!!!!

Sounds like you got scammed. There are lots of unethical breeders out there, unfortunately.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

brody is offline Senior Member

why do you want the papers so badly?

do you love your pup?
    is a piece of paper going to make your feelings different?

if you were expecting to breed or show your dog I feel badly for you - actually I feel badly for you running into a scammer however learn from the lesson and move on

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by conrad
    why do you want the papers so badly?

do you love your pup?
    is a piece of paper going to make your feelings different?

if you were expecting to breed or show your dog I feel badly for you - actually I feel badly for you running into a scammer however learn from the lesson and move on

I don't think this is a question of "love"- I was very resentful that Gabs' breeder told us that the parents had OFA certs, but in reality do not. Everytime she has a "twinge"- is it HD? ED? Is she going to be crippled?

If you were expecting to show your dog in obedience, agility, or other performance event, you can get an AKC ILP- individual listing privilege. You cannot show in conformation that way.

[quote=gabbys mom ]
    I don't think this is a question of "love"- I was very resentful that Gabs' breeder told us that the parents had OFA certs, but in reality do not. Everytime she has a "twinge"- is it HD? ED? Is she going to be crippled?
    I don't know enough of the story to be sure but in my mind there is a BIG difference between being aware enough to ask about certs and then finding out they weren't done and wanting paperwork proving registry - the breeders are both unethical lying jerks but lots of byb will promise paperwork and never produce it but the buyers show a different level of awareness and probably have slightly different life plans for the dog...

applying for ILP is expensive and a pita when the real paperwork should have been part of the purchase price

I feel badly for the people and thought I made that clear but on the scale of life tragedies for MOST people who add a dog to their home it's not nearly as serious as it might be for a select few

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Sounds like a problem that can be directed to the Better Business Bureau. I hope you have an add or web address that states AKC cert available. Next time I went to his house, I'd leave a burning bag of dog s*#t by the front door! :surprise:

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom
    I don't know enough of the story to be sure but in my mind there is a BIG difference between being aware enough to ask about certs and then finding out they weren't done and wanting paperwork proving registry - the breeders are both unethical lying jerks but lots of byb will promise paperwork and never produce it but the buyers show a different level of awareness and probably have slightly different life plans for the dog...

applying for ILP is expensive and a pita when the real paperwork should have been part of the purchase price

I feel badly for the people and thought I made that clear but on the scale of life tragedies for MOST people who add a dog to their home it's not nearly as serious as it might be for a select few
    I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here ( ) and guess that if the breeder is this shady with regard to registration papers, then chances are there were no clearances done. I could be wrong, but I'm gonna go ahead and wager my guess. From the sounds of it, you're dealing with one of the hundreds or thousands of folks who shouldn't be breeding in the first place.

Although I do agree with conrad in that this should not change the way you feel about your pup. You brought them into your family, what's done is done. It sucks that the breeder isn't great, but don't let that take away from your enjoyment of your pup.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

[quote=Baloo317 ]
    [quote=gabbys mom ]
    I could be wrong, but I'm gonna go ahead and wager my guess. From the sounds of it, you're dealing with one of the hundreds or thousands of folks who shouldn't be breeding

HAHAHAHA - see to me I presumed the buyer didn't even know to ask about clearances - it seemed so obvious I didn't even say it ...and as for unethical breeder - also seems a given to me

I guess for the next victom reporting to the BBB might be a good idea - but it won't change things either for the buyer or the crappy breeder

let's just hope you found a lovely dog that will make your heart full

We are in a similar situtation, we hover did not purchase Denali from a "breeder" we purchased from a family that had puppy's and both parents were akc ( we were showed the papers). We were told that the papers would be sent with in a couple of months so we are giving them one more month before we contact them asking about them, But I agree with everyone else yes it very upsetting that what we paid for was a akc lab but don't have papers yet (by the way we were told the papers would be a limited akc) but as my wife and I both agree we are not going to show or stud Denali so it really not a huge concern to us. We love him so much that we could really live with out a piece of paper, but it would be nice since that is what we paid for.

Oh I forgot to mention we did get a health, and cert garentee and a signed contract from the family in reguards to his health, but nothing in reguards to akc registration so as I told my wife we do have somthing to fall back on if they do not send us our papers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast