Play time...when is it safe after being spayed?

Thread: Play time...when is it safe after being spayed?

DefaultPlay time...when is it safe after being spayed?

We just rescued a lab mix about a month ago from a family who was losing their home (seems to be such a horrible problem around here!). Anyway, we had her spayed yesterday and brought her home today. My question is, when her and Maggie play they get pretty rough. Do you think I should keep the separated for a while? They want to play SOOO bad! I feel like I'm keeping her in prison! :'( She's such a sweetie! I will post pictures soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Play time...when is it safe after being spayed?

My vet said at least 7 days preferably 10. Even if the outside stitches look good they have internal stitches too and they can pull them loose if they are not all the way healed.

Thanks! I just feel so bad because they have gotten so used to being together, and they both seem kind of lost!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I know it's hard but it's better than ripping the stitches and having to have them redone. If you want to leave them out together when you are there maybe put their collars and a leash on her so you can stop any play right away before it gets to rough. Give them something to chew on to keep them busy for a while too.