Being held @ the vet

Thread: Being held @ the vet

mosmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultBeing held @ the vet

Limo will be 5 mos old this Saturday. This past Sat. he had his final boosters and two of us had to hold him. He was so dang squirmy!!! Is this normal? My vet didn't seem surprised. I know I need to work on touching him and holding him in certain areas to get him used to being held. Any other suggestions?
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I think it probably is! He is an energetic puppy & in a new place with all kinds of smells and stuff to investigate. Definitely not the place to expect him to completely still.

My Lexi, who is 5 years old, gets fidgety at the vet's office. I usually have to hold her when the vet gives her shots. Trimming her nails, that takes two vet techs.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

It depends on the dog. Based on the dogs I have had over time
    (1) Pull into the vet parking lot, only one goal. To get back home. Had to be carried in, and once put down inside the leash was tight and pointed to the door.
    (2) and (3) Nervous and scared. Would be shaking like a scared rabbit. Wouldn't pull, wouldn't move anywhere. Just still and shaking.
    (4) Depended on the day, somewhere between (1) and (5)
    (5) HK - friends with every one. What would you like me to do? Sit? Lay down? Stand? Am I still enough? Is it okay if I turn my head to see what you are doing back there?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mosmama is offline Senior Member

HK's dad...LOL! Mo LOVED going to the vet. He loved Dr. A and just loved when everyone talked to him there. Everyone knew he was there. In his younger years, he would announce himself by barking when we walked in the door. He was a wonderful patient.

Hopefully, when Limo grows up he'll be just as good

Right now, he's a total nut case!
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO