10 month old CHEWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: 10 month old CHEWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Augustmom0003 Guest

Default10 month old CHEWER!!!!!!!!!!!

:no: Our sweet, loveable (had to find the positives before I scream! lol!) Guinness (now 10 months old) is chewing EVERYTHING! We have bitter apple spray and have just started using it outside to keep our trees (apparently they LOVE TREES!...AND WOOD DECKS...AND BABY SWINGS!...AND OUTDOOR FURNITURE...AND INDOOR FURNITURE...AND PURSES...AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING...you all have been there...you get the idea) What else is there to do for chewing (if the bitter apple doesn't work?) Is there anything else I can do (postitive reinforcement, maybe?) that has worked????? I plan on taking him back to training this summer (I was very unhappy with his last class...a lot of contradiction in the lessons) but he is overall a good puppy...but the chewing is BAD!!!!!!!!!!

I would GREATLY appreciate any and all advise...

Amanda

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 10 month old CHEWER!!!!!!!!!!!

is he outside alone?

Augustmom0003 Guest

Occasionally...but we have lots of windows to watch him. He steals things inside and chews them though...he waits until we're not looking

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

At 10 months old he's in his "teenage" phase, and also the phase where he conveniently forgets all prior training. You have to WATCH him at all times! If you can't be on top of him, he should be in his crate. He's obviously bored to death also, if he's chewing everything. What kind of exercise does he get everyday?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Augustmom0003 Guest

He may need more exercise...I'm going to work on that. He plays with the kids a lot...I know he needs more structured exercise though. :embarrass: We just moved in March, and we've been a little busier than usual. Our fault, yes...definitely. But...he chewed before that...and it didn't seem to matter how much exercise he got (he would even be WORN OUT and chew).