Found a TICK!!!!! Now what??

Thread: Found a TICK!!!!! Now what??

DefaultFound a TICK!!!!! Now what??

What should we do? We took Denali last night to a little league ball field to run him around chasing a ball, and this am my wife found a tick on him!
    We have him frontline but are not sure if we should worry about it and call the vet or not. We removed the tick and was able to remove all of it including the head and there was no blood from the tick when I squished it. Just looking for some advise before I call the vet. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Found a TICK!!!!! Now what??

Quote Originally Posted by csully
    What should we do? We took Denali last night to a little league ball field to run him around chasing a ball, and this am my wife found a tick on him!
    We have him frontline but are not sure if we should worry about it and call the vet or not. We removed the tick and was able to remove all of it including the head and there was no blood from the tick when I squished it. Just looking for some advise before I call the vet. Thanks
    I haven't had this issue but i found 2 threads for you that may help!

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,75365.0.html]https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,72858.0.html

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,75365.0.html[/url]

Sorry I couldnt do more..

Cheers
    Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Thank you for the info...I just called the vet and was told not to worry where he has frontline plus he is ok..ticks will still get on him but will die when they bite him. FEW!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sla

Hi...personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Even though you have put front line on the dog, ticks will still get on them once in a while. They usually fall off in no time, though. We live in the country, and use frontline religiously, but will find ticks crawling, or dead ticks that have fallen off the dogs, or are about to. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen. As long as you're using the frontline, and don't let it pass the monthly application, you'll find that it works.
    If it were me, I wouldn't be too concerned, but you can watch the spot where the tick was, to see if it's irritated, or if you think a bit of neosporin on it might help.
    I will NEVER discourage someone from calling their vet, though. If this would give you more peace of mind, then by all means call them.

sla

I must have been posting at the same time you were...glad you called your vet and got your answer!

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DON'T SKOOSH TICKS!!!

Flush them.