Puppy with the Squirts

Thread: Puppy with the Squirts

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppy with the Squirts

My puppy is 15 weeks old. We used the Advantage Multi on Friday and ever since he has had the squirts. He either has very runny poop or he strains to try to go. Could the Advantage Multi have upset his stomach. He is eating & running around like normal. The only problem is diarrhea. He is getting us up every few hours at night to let him out. We feel so bad for him. Is there anything we can do to help him out without upsetting his stomach even more?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Puppy with the Squirts

100% pure pumpkin is a great remedy for the squirts. I would call your vet though and see what they think, especially if it continues.

Tia
    Tia is offline Senior Member

Well, here's my situation as it is somewhat similar to yours...

I gave my puppy at 12 weeks his first puppy Interceptor. Then we had major diarrhea issues after that...bad blowouts at first. Turned to mucousy poops sometimes...soft stool...etc.

Fast forward 2 months, after 2 rounds of antibiotics at the conventional vet that didn't seem to work...we took Gauge to a holistic vet who made changes to his diet, put him on probiotics, digestive enzymes and a few other things. He is MUCH better now.

Hopefully this situation will not be yours...but I am probably on the extreme end. However, just something for you to keep an eye on. Make sure everything is coming out normal again as it was before the Advantage Multi. My suggestion for you is not to use this product again on your dog judging by his reaction to it.

Good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dad of Toby is offline Senior Member

both of my labs (4.5 years and 7 months) got bad cases of the squirts around the age of teething..... pumpkin works good as does boiled hamburger and white rice.

sarah is offline Senior Member

Milly is 4.5 months old, smack-bang in the middle of teething and she doesn't have squirts but her poo's are quite soft and light coloured. I think most puppies go through it with teething.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

I think that may be why he has diarrhea. I looked in his mouth this weekend and he is missing his front two teeth. We are going to try the pumpkin and see if that helps.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

VTEnviro is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by map1986
    100% pure pumpkin is a great remedy for the squirts. I would call your vet though and see what they think, especially if it continues.
    Very good to know. I love the info I've picked up here.

Sadly, I could use some pure pumpkin today myself. Rough dinner last night!