Barking between labs normal?

Thread: Barking between labs normal?

DefaultBarking between labs normal?

We have a guest staying with us this weekend, another black lab, 4 months old. All Maggie and her do is bark at each other...is this normal at all??? What should I do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Barking between labs normal?

I think it is very natural, they are communicating.
    What to do? Depends- for quite time or for concern? If for quite time, I would suggest managment techniques. 1) Get two Kongs, stuff them w/ whatever their diet consists of and let them have at it, 2) Walks- excercise means tired dogs, less barking. If for concern, unless they are showing signs of aggression- aggressive growling, showing teeth, then they are being dogs- let them. Try and see it from their world and a lot of our concerns vanish.

HTH,

Doug

rpliegos Guest

DefaultRe: Barking between labs normal?

Can you identify the "type" of barking (are they aggressive / territorial, fearful or wagging their tails inviting each other to play).

Depending on the type of bark then you could act. If its aggressive or territorial don´t keep them together, if its out of fear watch out since it could trigger fear biting, if they are inviting each other to play, I´d let them rump until they tire out