Just Labradors banner

What do you think about this technique?

778 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kaznalf 
#1 ·
for heelwork/looseleash walking.

Turning around and walking other way as soon as dog steps in front? My trainer said dog wont understand this but its working ok for us (stopping and putting him bk into position isnt working for me he still gets infront and 5 months on ive had enough!)

Anyone else tried this?

#3 ·
My trainer actually recommended this! But she said just to turn suddenly when they stop paying attention or when they start doing something you don't want them to (like getting ahead of you). Like henrysmom said, it teaches them to pay attention, and it has been effective for us. :)

#6 ·
Well its day 3 and alfie is walking heaps better this has been the only technique that has really worked. He will heel in his lesson to make me look a complete and utter liar, its one of the best things he can do but when out the door its NO NO for him but now im walking other way even though i look a complete wally its working! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.