Maggie is doing wonderful!

Thread: Maggie is doing wonderful!

DefaultMaggie is doing wonderful!

Just an update on Maggie. She is doing FANTASTIC! She has all her energy back and is ready to walk/play even though she's got that stupid hood on from the vet. It's quite comical! On doctors orders however, we were supposed to keep her pretty quite this week and weekend to let everything heal up good. Today was the first day we got to get out and get moving! It was wonderful although a little chilly. This brings me to a question. If we meet anyone, I mean ANYONE out on the street Maggie goes NUTS. People seem to get nervous because she barks and lunges to get to them, all the while choking herself. I feel bad for her, and for the people because she just wants to say hi and play. I try to hold her and make her sit, while saying "sit" but she acts like she can't hear me (selective hearing )! Any suggestions? Kael and I only pet Maggie when she sits to say hello and she does great when it's just us. So I don't know how to translate it with others. As soon as she heals and gets the okay with the vet we are going to start puppy classes, but I don't know how she'll act with a group of dogs and people...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Maggie is doing wonderful!

Puppy classes sound like a brilliant idea they have helped me alot and once she calms down the training will commence plus the trainers will be able to give you advice and what to do in these situations. Good luck maggie! How old is she?

DefaultRe: Maggie is doing wonderful!

We just signed up for some today!! They start next Mon., we are pretty excited ;D Maggie is 5 months old on Saturday. I can't believe she's that old!