Two days of diarrhea...

Thread: Two days of diarrhea...

DefaultTwo days of diarrhea...

Maggie got spayed on Monday and on Tuesday she had pretty loose stools, which I thought was probably normal as a reaction to the surgery. Well Wednesday it turned to diarrhea and today as well. I gave her pumpkin last night and this morning. Should I continue giving it to her? Is this normal? Should I call the vet? She seems to be feeling fine, otherwise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Two days of diarrhea...

Definitely call the vet to be on the safe side.

When Frankie was neutered, he had diarhea for 3 or 4 days after the surgery. I did call the vet and they assured me it was a reaction to the anesthesia and everything.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Tundra Aries Guest

I agree with Amy, I would call the vet, please keep us updated too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Not to alarm you or anything but my pup has had diarrhea for 5 weeks, and the vet thinks the cause of it is whip worms. Again, not saying your dog has worms, but If the diarrhea continues day after day I'd definetely talk to a vet to see what they think.

I talked to the vet about it and they said that if it goes on for more than a week to bring her in. This morning she had her first non-diarrhea bathroom break in two days!! Yay! ;D I was so excited for her, I know pathetic. Anyway, I gave her pumpkin this morning with breakfast, but will stop and see how she does. Hopefully she'll be great!

What is the deal with pumpkin? Is that sopposed to help diarrhea? If so what kind of pumpkin? Just the canned stuff? And how much do you give? Do you mix it in with the food, or just serve the pumpkin alone as a meal? Wow, thats a lot of questions. I feel annoying now.

Yep! Pumpkin helps with diarrhea. You use just canned pumpkin...make sure it's 100% pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie filling. I've been giving Maggie 1/4-1/2 Cup full of the stuff just after her meal. Hope that answers everything!