I need help!!!

Thread: I need help!!!

DefaultI need help!!!

I am crate training my puppy and she is doing ok with it but everytime I go to get her out of her kennel she pees and again when I hook the leash on her she pees. I don't know what to do to break her of doing this. Please help me!! I am starting to get really frustrated with her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I need help!!!

How old is your dog?

Suggestion if she's young: Pluck her from the crate and carry her outside and then cheer to the heavens when she pees out there.

She is 14 weeks old. I have tried plucking her out of the cage but she still pees some before I can grab her and she continues to pee even when I am holding her. When she goes potty outside I praise her and give her a treat so I dont' really understand what is going on with her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daisycorinna
    She is 14 weeks old. I have tried plucking her out of the cage but she still pees some before I can grab her and she continues to pee even when I am holding her. When she goes potty outside I praise her and give her a treat so I dont' really understand what is going on with her.
    Run faster??

No, seriously, I would then go less time between potty breaks. Sounds like she can't quite hold it for as long as you're asking her to.

It sounds like either she's in there too long and just can't hold it or there is a medical problem that's causing her not to be able to control it. She's young but at 14 weeks should be fine for at least 4-5 hours. I would have the vet check for a UTI maybe and try to take her out more often. Our yorkie has a tendency to go pee a little after we get home from work we've found if we let him run out on his own and don't pick him up he doesn't do it. If you pick him up and take him out he will pee on you every time. It's just a little but still very annoying.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Could also be submissive/nervous peeing, if she's getting scooped up and run she might be afraid... I would try moving the crate closer to the door, and walking her out.

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

To me sounds like submissive urination which is tough to crack but dont ever tell her off for it as it will make her worse

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I would get her checked for a UTI (common in puppies, especially females and makes it difficult for them to control their bladders) And then work on the suggestions provided for dealing with submissive urination.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!