8 wk Old Arriving Tommorrow....Need Input, please

Thread: 8 wk Old Arriving Tommorrow....Need Input, please

Mojofl2 is offline Member

Default8 wk Old Arriving Tommorrow....Need Input, please

Tomorrow, my 8 week old will be arriving via airplane in the early evening. I'd like to take my current lab to the airport with us and have him wait in the car with my 18yr old son and be there when we bring Mason out.
    What thoughts might you all have on this? I was wondering how the introduction would go and thought it might be better for them both to ride home together and then really greet in the backyard before I bring them in the house?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 8 wk Old Arriving Tommorrow....Need Input, please

I'd leave your other dog at home. The airport is not the place to introduce. Have another family member meet you at a park and have them meet there. I just brought Rookie home and plopped him in the house...but I also know my 4 year old too.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

DefaultRe: 8 wk Old Arriving Tommorrow....Need Input, please

Mason is probably going to be pretty scared - away from his littermates and fresh off a plane ride. I would think that a neutral place like a park would be good. Or bringing him home to a room in your house without other pets to be patted and loved on by people before introducing to the established dog might be good.

You know your dog best. Mine thinks of the car as "her" territory and would be upset at a new puppy sudenly invading it.