Losing Baby Teeth

Thread: Losing Baby Teeth

DefaultLosing Baby Teeth

I have a question, my black lab is almost 6 months old. He started losing his baby teeth a few weeks ago. As of yesterday he is still losing a few. He's bleeding on his toys, he seems like he doesn't feel good (although there is nothing wrong with his appetite) and his breath is just rancid. It smells like dead fish. Are these all normal occurrences for losing baby teeth? I have 7 year old sharpei mix that I've had since he was 7 weeks old and I don't remember this happening to him. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Losing Baby Teeth

He may not feel the greatest as his mouth may be a little sore at times. The bleeding on his toys is normal. I would just keep an eye on him, check to make sure none of the baby teeth have gotten stuck and started to rot. Not very common for that, they usually get pushed out in large breed dogs. The bad breath could be a result of teething or something else. Not sure.

JustineNYC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Max091007
    I have a question, my black lab is almost 6 months old. He started losing his baby teeth a few weeks ago. As of yesterday he is still losing a few. He's bleeding on his toys, he seems like he doesn't feel good (although there is nothing wrong with his appetite) and his breath is just rancid. It smells like dead fish. Are these all normal occurrences for losing baby teeth? I have 7 year old sharpei mix that I've had since he was 7 weeks old and I don't remember this happening to him. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Hmm.

Molly is short of 6 months and her baby teeth are gone.

All the adults are on their way down.....are you sure there is no baby teeth infection going on in her mouth? That smell isnt normal i would think. Mollys breathe is odorless. And if hes acting like he doesnt feel good, Id take him to a vet.

They dont act sick when they teeth....they just chew chew chew.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Odie has already lost a few teeth at 15 weeks. His rope along with his rolled up t-shirt are covered in blood. I asked the vet about it, and she said that he won't do harm to himself. Nothing to be concerned about unless he's acting like he's sick.

Koda a 4 1/2 months has lost two already and it didn't even seem to bother her, Sydnee was the one that actually noticed it. I was wondering if we'd see some bleeding when more happens.