barking in the mornings, upseting the nieghbors!

Thread: barking in the mornings, upseting the nieghbors!

corona2006 is offline Member

Defaultbarking in the mornings, upseting the nieghbors!

I get up at 3 and I put Corona outside around 3:45. My boyfriend is still at home and gets up at 6 and puts her back in the crate around 6:30. Try to give her a couple hours outside to play, use the bathroom and eat breakfast in the mornings. apparently she barks a lot. most of the time it's something across the street or in the woods. i don't see it but she does. I got stopped by a neighbor saying that she barks a bit too much at 4 in the morning while people are still sleeping. I don't want to have to keep her inside and not get a couple hours outside, but understand its a bit too early to be barking like that. Any ideas on how I can get her to stop barking at everything that moves!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: barking in the mornings, upseting the nieghbors!

She's bored. Keep her inside. Dogs just don't go and entertain themselves....or take a morning jog around the yard. So she obviously doesn't *need* to be outside. Be a good neighbor and bring her in. I'd be pounding the crap out of your front door if you did that here.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Ditto what Dani said. She doesn't need to be outside at 3-4 in the morning. Let her out to pee and then back inside to snooze some more.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'll third that. She doesn't need to have time outside alone. I'm with Dani, I'd be on your doorstep too

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

I cant understand why you would want her to play outside in middle of the night? whats wrong with 1st thing in morning? anywho mine are out most of the day 3xwalks a day also come nightime they are both worn out and they sleep all night.

I agree she doesn't need or want to be outside by herself like that. They are very people oriented and normally just get destructive or bark if left outside by themselves. It won't hurt to put her back in her crate a little longer or in your room.

The barking is a natural reaction there are ways to curb it if you are there but not if she's out by herself.

Tundra Aries Guest

Ditto to what Dani said...my boys go outside and right back in.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Incessant barking is against the law in many counties and cities... you are lucky your neighbors have been nice enough to approach you first with their complaint. Just remember, an awful lot of folks are on tight sleep schedules, and when they or their kids can't sleep, folks can get CRANKY (and just plain mean).

If it is too inconvenient to change your schedule, buy a good bark collar--- before someone takes their frustrations out on the poor dog.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

I also agree to put her back inside after a quick potty break. Actually, she probably doesn't need to out at 3:45 either (depending on her age...a puppy might need that potty break). My SU goes to work at 4. My dogs don't even stir from their comfy beds until the alarm goes off for me to get out of bed at 6. They adjust to the schedule of the house.