Does your female pup ummmm... hump your leg????

Thread: Does your female pup ummmm... hump your leg????

DefaultDoes your female pup ummmm... hump your leg????

My female pup is going to be 4 months on march 21. Ok, it only happened twice but it's a little weird. While throwing the ball around she came up to me and she was trying to climb on me while i was sitting on the couch . She grabed my leg and began to hump my leg like a male dog would do! I know she was not trying to climb higher, she was thrusting her hips.

I am pretty sure that the dog is a female :-[ LOL

Anyway, is this a dominance issue or is she over stimulated? Or was she itchy down there? It's not all the time and has only happened twice, both times while playing. She is also a huge fan of tug-of-war and it is not a behaviour I want in my Lab due to the fact that I am looking to train a hunting dog. Last thing I need is a dog that takes the bird and runs off with it, Im not that great of a swimmer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does your female pup ummmm... hump your leg????

females hump too. There is another thread on this....but you need to correct and redirect immediately irregardless of dominance or stimulation...and that is all I am going to say about that without stirring up a hornets nest.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Is this temporary? And does it go away after being spayed? I have a male dog and after the operation he never did it. I just found it so weird because you see and hear about males doing that all the time, I had no clue that females could be so forward about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

males, females, neutered, unneutered.. doesn't matter. just distract and redirect her before she gets going.

Yep!

That's what i did. I just said "off" and distracted her with the ball. Thanks for the info I was a little worried. So far she has not done it to the other dog and I really hope that does not start.

Thanks again!

Its a dominan-, wait, its exitemen-...

???

J/K

whatever it is, its a simple fix. I did what these fine people are suggesting and it worked fine.

A dog that humps is not (the majority of the time) expressing sexual behaviour, as male dogs (intact and neutered) and female dogs (intact and spayed) can do it.

My male neutered dog has NEVER humped any person or inanimate object. He has only ever humped one female dog (spayed) during play. I think it's much in the dog's own personality.

My female humps more than my male dog but never any person and definatly not me. She does hump our male lab though I normally just tell her to knock it off and she quits.