Picked our pup today.

Thread: Picked our pup today.

DefaultPicked our pup today.

It was truly exhausting trying to pick 1 little girl from a group of 5 little girls!

The one we chose is a little darker shade of yellow than I was wanting, but she stole our hearts. Out of the 5, we narrowed it down to 3 in about 40min and about an hour and a half later, we were down to 1.

It's hard to say WHY we chose her...she just loved on us the entire time and was very gentle and sweet. Of course she went through the crazies for a little bit, but even then, she was gentle. Most of my puppy scratches came from the other little monkeys.

I was so consumed with choosing that I forgot to take pictures. I even forgot my camera there! *shakes head* I'm sure the breeder will email us a few pics, my older boys really want to see her!

We brought our 3y/o with us and one of the mamas ran right up to her, stopped, licked her face (once) and went into a sit-stay right in front of her. My 3y/o was pleasantly surprised, as she's used to other dogs jumping or pushing her. They are such nice dogs. Though I can't get over how huge the sire is, he looks like a bear! When I was petting him, and then tried to pet the dams, he would hit my hand with his head like he was saying....hey, you were petting ME first!

Anyway, long story short...we named her Abbey (Amazin' Abbey-Kadabby) and she'll be coming home next Sunday (the 2nd). We are really excited but still have a lot to accomplish before then.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Picked our pup today.

Make sure you send lots of pics! I love it when someone gets a new puppy its all so exciting!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

That's sooo exciting!! Can't wait for pictures!!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allies Mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations, can't wait to see pictures.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Congrats! When I was at my breeders, she had 3 pups she felt would be a good pick for me and my home. She said she would pick one, but I was welcome to come and pick out of the 3. I have always let the pup pick me, as opposed to me picking it. Like you, I would wait and see which one was the most drawn towards me/us.

Sounds like a good match!!
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Congrats...can't wait to see pics.

brody is offline Senior Member

awwwwww what fun

I've only gotten to help other people pick puppies.. well actually I guess I picked little Thea - but it was so obvious .. I wanted a chihuahua that would convert the world and do agility and she was the only possibility in her litter her other sweet sister is STUMPY to be polite
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Still no pictures! I'm trying to be patient but I REALLY want the boys to see a picture of her, to make it more real for them. Of course we have pictures of the whole little but I can't see the colored ribbons on half of them. Apparently the puppies chewed their strings short...all but one, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad
    awwwwww what fun

I've only gotten to help other people pick puppies.. well actually I guess I picked little Thea - but it was so obvious .. I wanted a chihuahua that would convert the world and do agility and she was the only possibility in her litter her other sweet sister is STUMPY to be polite
    I'm sorry, but your reply made me chuckle. Poor little stumpy girl, lol. How is Thea doing so far?

brody is offline Senior Member

aw thanks for asking

her quest to bring the world around to LOVING chihuahuas is going very well.. her enthusiasm and love of life are truly contagious

her agility career is a bit rockier as she is the third fill in dog so doesn't get a lot of steady work - however she has a title in CPE and is enjoying carefully learning some of the harder equipment!

- don't be afraid to nag (nicely and gently) your breeder for pics... I know I promise to send people pictures but it usually floats down to the end of my to do list without polite reminders - rude reminders mean I'll never do it!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller