Went Shopping

Thread: Went Shopping

DefaultWent Shopping

Well I went shopping at Petco today and got prepared for the new arrival. I bought a big crate with a devider in it, so the crate can grow with the dog, food/water bowls, collar, leash, a rope, three tennis balls, shampoo, natures miriacle, and of course a 40 pound bag of food. The only other thing that I can think of is a container to store the food. Am I missing anything else I need for startup purposes?

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Went Shopping

have you been approved to adopt one of the puppies now? How exciting!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I can't think of any other immediate need. You shouldn't bathe labs if you can avoid it (strips the coat of much needed natural oils) so you may find that the shampoo will last a long long long time....

When do you go pick up the new addition? (make sure you take lots of pictures!!)
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I suggest toys that the pup can chew on and maybe some small training treats to keep around.

Jackie

I picked up some rawhide bones for chewing. I was planning on using cheese as a training treat.

I had a bit of bad luck today. I called the humane society today and asked if they had any yellow male pups ready from the wisconsin rescue. The lady said two were ready today. So I raced down there, but it turns out both dogs were adopted about 10 minutes before I got there. There are a bunch more being released throught the next few weeks. So I just need to keep my eyes open. It'll happen soon.