Rally O

Thread: Rally O

Coyote is offline Junior Member

DefaultRally O

How long do most people keep taking classes in Rally O. Once you reach a certain level, such as excellent, do you need to keep attending classes or can you just go to run thrus.

Doesn't the dog get bored if you keep attending classes that are just going over the course again and again for about a year on a weekly basis?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

the courses are never exactly the same, and as long as you are rewarding I haven't met a dog that gets tired of classes! in fact i'm sure they enjoy the quality time and stimulation (mental). For example, no matter how you cut it Flyball is the exact same pattern every single time. Yet most dogs never tire of it, and could going and going!

You generally take classes for each level, then maybe again to either perfect what wasn't going well the first class (generally you never get anything pat on the first round of classes) or to get back into practice after abit of a break.

Eventually yes, I would take different kinds of classes for variety, moreso for me the human than for the dog!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

The thing with rally is the handler knowing the correct way to execute a sign.

We did rally classes for almost a year then we moved to an advanced handling class which is all about "tightening up" the skills and working on obedience. We do work on some rally moves (without signs) like 360's and moving downs. I did find out, though, that I have to make a point of getting to a rally class, run through or setting up a course on my own from time to time or Miles finds it necessary to investigate the signs if he hasn't seen them in awhile.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1