Switching to adult food?

Thread: Switching to adult food?

DefaultSwitching to adult food?

Sadie was just 1 year on the 21st of November. I currently have her on Pedigree large breed adult and puppy. Should I just keep her on this or should I switch her to an adult food? She is not fat and is around 65lbs. She is a chocolate lab and is just at the lower end of the average height of a labrador. I am willing to switch her food, any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Switching to adult food?

I would switch her to an adult food. I would try to find a little higher quality one while you're making the switch. There are several out there that are pretty reasonably priced too.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

M Fortune is offline Senior Member

I've been trying to decide on this myself. I've got a topic on this in another thread.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,63018.0.html

Hope this helps.
    ~Heather<br /><br />&quot;This whole world is wild at heart and weird on top&quot;

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I would try to find a little higher quality one while you're making the switch. There are several out there that are pretty reasonably priced too.
    If you belong to a Costco (warehouse club) their Kirkland C&R is about 40 lbs/$20** and has no wheat or corn.

Diamond Naturals (not plain Diamond) is very similar to the Kirkland (made by the same company) and although a little higher, saves the Costco annual membership fee. It's available through many food stores and Tractor Supply outlets, etc.

http://www.diamondpet.com/dealer_locator/

======================================

** The only problem with buying food in 40 lb. bags is that it can go stale before getting all the way through it. For the usual gluttonous Lab, that may not be noticable but my Puff is a discriminating eater. So, after many trial & errors, I finally found success by transferring the contents of a 40 lb. bag into 10-11 one gallon Ziplock freezer bags and then sucking any extra air out of them.

Since Diamond Naturals is sometimes available in bags of smaller weight, that might be an advantage.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Toshi is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    I would try to find a little higher quality one while you're making the switch. There are several out there that are pretty reasonably priced too.
    If you belong to a Costco (warehouse club) their Kirkland C&R is about 40 lbs/$20** and has no wheat or corn.
    I've been feeding Toshi this food and she loves it! Only buying the 20lb bags{puppy} though as it takes her at least a month to go through a bag since I feed her alot of fresh fruits and veggies on the side daily!