My 8 & 1/2 Month Old Puppies Are Getting Neutered Tomorrow

Thread: My 8 & 1/2 Month Old Puppies Are Getting Neutered Tomorrow

kk4389 is offline Member

DefaultMy 8 & 1/2 Month Old Puppies Are Getting Neutered Tomorrow

Hello Everyone. Hope you all are doing well. I just have a quick question. From what I hear, the neutering process is pretty straight forward and the dogs handle it pretty well.....but I, on the other hand, being the worried mommy was just wondering if there is anything you all think I should know about the recovery process and how long they will be "not feeling too well". My Vet keeps them overnight just to keep an eye and monitor them. (I prefer that they keep them there overnight). I guess I just need my nerves calmed a bit....it seems like a pretty big deal to me....after all, their YouKnowWhats are not small by ANY means!!
    Thanks!!! Take Care.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobyBlackKenobi is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My 8 & 1/2 Month Old Puppies Are Getting Neutered Tomorrow

Hi there,

he will be just fine ...

We went through this in March and the "only" problem we had was to keep Toby calm. He would be running around and jumping right the next day, if we had let him.

Toby hated this cone-collar he had to wear, but after 14 days this was gone. He had to wear it for so long because the vet used surgical glue instead of stitches.

Well wishes for tomorrow

Tobysmom

Toby&#039;s Mom<br />California Central Coast<br /><br />

kk4389 is offline Member

Thank You Toby'sMom! Yeah....I'm afraid that trying to keep 2 lab puppies from playing and running around is nearly impossible! I will do my best....and HOPEFULLY they won't need to wear that cone too long. Thanks for your info!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DFWLab is offline Senior Member

Hi, my boy was nuetered last thursday. They 'were' going to keep him overnight to monitor them, but when i asked, there was no one at the office from 5:30PM till 7:45 the next morning!! SO, i told them I wanted to bring my boy home to be able to give em some TLC and take care of him. I'm glad I had done that. You may want to check with your vet

By Saturday he was butt tucking around with me pleading for him to settle down!! lol. They recover pretty quick. Hardest part is NOT playing to rough or encouraging them in any way.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Easy, Peasy....it will be over before you know it and they won't even really know what happened.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003