dirty paws from outside
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dirty paws from outside

untold is offline Junior Member

Defaultdirty paws from outside

so besides using the hose on him or something like that, anyone got a good suggestion for mud issues when my dog comes in from being outside?
    --<br />Mike owner of:<br />Toby the Yellow Lab, Born 2/14/2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

steveandginger is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: dirty paws from outside

hose near the door, and an old towel just inside, is all I've been able to come up with...

Steve

MarlansMum is offline Senior Member

Believe it or not, I say to Marlan, "Wipe your feeties!" and he stops at the door and waits. I use a towel to wipe all the mud off. If it's not too bad I just brush his paws on the door mat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WildBill'sMom is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarlansMum
    Believe it or not, I say to Marlan, "Wipe your feeties!" and he stops at the door and waits. I use a towel to wipe all the mud off. If it's not too bad I just brush his paws on the door mat.
    Haha Marlansmom, I do the same thing. I tell Cody to wait to wipe his feet and he stands at the door and I use a towel to clean/dry his feet...we have been doing this routine everyday since he was a puppy and it works great.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Rocky must always sit before stepping into the house. If it's wet or muddy I towel him off. If he's VERY muddy - it's off to the bathtub (i admit a hose would be great but I don't have one)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

At a couple previous places I lived, one with a fenced in backyard, I had doggy doors that led from the outside into the garage and another from the garage to inside the house.

Bess had at least a 25 ft. path she had to follow inside the garage before entering the house which I paved with washable cotton throw rugs. So the mud got largely soaked up and brushed off before she came in our living quarters. Periodically, I'd take the rugs outside and shake off the dirt and occasionally take them to a laundromat and wash them.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I have an old towel and baby wipes at every door, the gargage for when we come from walking, hiking or swimming, the front door for same, and the back door for when she has been out playing in the back yard! Sammi knows, "give me paw", so i can clean her feet. Doesnt mean she doesnt try to chew on the towel at the same time , but at least I can get her paws clean before she gets in the house!

Djc1249 is offline Senior Member

Sometimes a wet towel isn't enough, if mine has really muddy paws; here's what works for me....I get a big pan, fill halfway with water. He sits (or stands), I say wipe paws, and put each paw into the pan....I swish and wipe each paw with a wet cloth while it's in the water. (He has a rug he goes to for wipe paws, if we don't do it outside on the deck). Then I dry 'em some.
    <br />Did you say TREAT ?!?<br /><br />Tucker, 3 yrs. --- Tipper, 10 mos.<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/284460<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/715680

MaxsMom is offline Member

I also use a pan and tell Max wash paws and he goes in the pan. Old towel to dry his paws. If he is not really muddy or we just came back from our walks I use paw wipes; I bought from Pet Smart. I have them by the front door and the patio door. Max is so used to getting his paws wiped that he offers them to us as soon as he gets in the house. Of course, we accomplished that trick with a lot of TREATS!

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

Since I have carpets at home, I always wipe Chocolata's paws with wet cloths. Whether it is dry or wet. Sometimes she might step into someone else's p**p and I have no interest to find about it later :
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast