Puppy is peeing in his crate, need advice/ help>>>>>>>>>>

Thread: Puppy is peeing in his crate, need advice/ help>>>>>>>>>>

twintzs is offline Junior Member

DefaultPuppy is peeing in his crate, need advice/ help>>>>>>>>>>

Well I am new to this forum. My name is Brian and I have a 8 week old puppy named Samson that in just the past few started peeing in his crate. He lays in it without any issues. The crate is definitely not too big as I have a Midwest with divider. We have had Samson for little over a week now. He was doing so well in the beginning, but we were only feeding him twice a day (includes water). The only things that has change in the past few day before this problem is:

1. That he has been sleeping through the night 10PM - 5AM and he is able to hold it.
    2. We have increased his water but we have also increased the times we take him out.
    3. There have been a couple of occasions that after he has been walked and I would play with him for about 15 minutes and he would just pee on the carpet.
    4. I am at a loss, he is able to hold it through out the night but during the day he pees in the crate.
    5. He was just at the Vet this past Saturday and came out healthy as can be.

Please if you have any advice, tips, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

isaac303h is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy is peeing in his crate, need advice/ help>>>>>>>>>>

Bailey used to do that too.
    I stopped leaving any sort of towel or pad in there during the day.
    He hasn't done it since.

I think it's that he was so sad/frustrated that he wasn't around us... and also that he actually had somewhere to go in his crate.
    He would pee on the towel or pad and just push it off to one side in a pile.

twintzs is offline Junior Member

We used to have a blanket in there for him but I removed it yesterday. He peed in his crate today without a blanket in there but worst is he lays in it with no issues.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

stlabs is offline Senior Member

How long are you leaving him in his crate when he pees?

TimC. is offline Senior Member

8 weeks old is very young to expect any kind of consistency in potty training. You should count yourself lucky that he is sleeping through the night. Make sure you clean the crate with a neutralizer such as Nature's Miracle. How long is he being left alone in the crate?
    Olie

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I think you are expecting way too much. The pup is 8 weeks old...he is going to have accidents no matter what. I wouldn't expect a baby to hold it 7 hours overnight. I got up in the night to take the puppy out to potty for at least the first week or two.