Flyball Question

Thread: Flyball Question

Rionoir is offline Junior Member

DefaultFlyball Question

So I know Rico would LOVE flyball and he'd be great at it... I can put a ball down, walk him away and he'll run and bring it straight back. I'm not sure he can run fast enough for it though. With his HMLR I don't know if he runs fast enough or not. Any chance of a handicap dog getting a title? LoL

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Flyball Question

HMLR?

There are teams that are in for fun more than winning. I mean we all run to win; but for some teams they will kick out dogs that are not under 4 (or even under 3.5) seconds. The team I run with will NEVER kick out a dog that isn't ubber fast. You get points along the way anyway and will even get some titles.

I believe it's more about having fun and being active than being the champion. Just find a team or a class and see if your Rico enjoys it.

Just a note - there are a few steps to learning flyball. The dog has to learn to go thru the jumps; to do a swimmers turn on the box and lastly to get the ball back to you. After that it's all up to you, the human, to learn the game! (when to let go, how to motivate, work on any problems).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Flyball Question

Also - check out this site
    http://www.flyball.org/

north american flyball association
    LOTS of info and some contact info to get started
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky