Is A 5 Month Old Puppy Too Young For Yogurt?

Thread: Is A 5 Month Old Puppy Too Young For Yogurt?

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultIs A 5 Month Old Puppy Too Young For Yogurt?

I did a search in here for yogurt so I wouldn't have to post this, but couldn't find an answer to my question. I was wondering at what age it is okay to give a puppy yogurt, plain of course. I stuff her Kongs with all kinds of healthy treats, and am wondering if at 5 months old it will be alright? I'm also hoping this might keep the vaginitis at bay for a while? Thanks for any tips!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jackie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is A 5 Month Old Puppy Too Young For Yogurt?

I'm no expert, but my vet said a tablespoonful of yogurt in Piper's kong would be fine when I took her in at 4 1/2 months old.

risingphoenix is offline Member

we have a 13 week old lab puppy that has been given 2 tablespoons of yogurt a day since she was weaned, and she has the most efficient digestive system ever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I try not to give my pups (esp in a fast growth stage like 5 mos) yogurt-- it is a good source of calcium... which we should try to WATCH (keep low) in growing pups. It's the reason Lg breed puppy foods are formulated.

If you are looking for a good digestive enzyme, why not give one directly? Examples are Prozyme or my favorite, BacPak plus by N-zymes. http://www.nzymes.com/product_bacpak_plus_fortified.htm I have no business relationship w/ the company but am a satisfied customer of ~1yr... enough so that I talked a local groomer into carrying it so we could save a little $ on orders. Btw, all my dogs gained 3-5# over the winter as they used their food a little too efficiently, lol. I have had to cut back feeding by ~25%. Bummer, my dogs say! :P -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014