Waking up too early -- Help

Thread: Waking up too early -- Help

boomers mom is offline Junior Member

DefaultWaking up too early -- Help

can anyone provide any advice? Boomer wakes up way too early for us. He is 6.5 months old and he used to get up at about 6:30 which was still early and we weren't too crazy about but he was a little puppy and we were dealing with, but now he's been getting up at 5:30. We walk him at 11pm every night before bed. He is in his crate all night and we dont give him any water after 8. But at 530 He whines untill we come down and let him out. But it's not like he goes with any urgency, just wants to go out. Also, we have refused to feed him at 530 and wait till 630 till he whines again to feed him.

Ideally we'd like to wake up with him at 7 but that seems like an impossibility -- Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Waking up too early -- Help

Try moving his crate upstairs into your bedroom and see what happens. I think he just wants to be with his pack.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

I kinda agree. With the sun rising earlier, your dog wants to as well. If he sleeps in the same room as you, he'll be able to see that you're not doing anything exciting and should be willing to sleep a little longer. Also, if you know that he's not going to explode, you HAVE to ignore his whines...he's trained you
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chrissy is offline Member

LUCKY YOU!!!
    My puppy (3 moths) is up at 3 AM and 5:30 AM.
    DH takes her out at 11:30 PM.
    My trainer said make sure she is crated and ignore her cries if I want longer times. I am weak! :
    Good luck!
    <br />Belle at 4 months

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Teach, train, and use SETTLE.

All Labs seem to have this issue in the spring when the sunlight comes earlier and the birds are singing pre-dawn. They are HUNTING dogs, after all!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

LOL. Sonya is waking me up earlier and earlier as well. She's 6 mos old and sleeps in the attached garage in a crate along side her aunts, mom, and grams! Basically, she's done sleeping at that time since she starts to snooze w/ the others as early as 7pm in the house. As it stays lighter longer, that will change and so will sleeping habits. Patience.... They just love us too much!
    -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014