U-Fli tournament in Perry Georgia

Thread: U-Fli tournament in Perry Georgia

gatorblueyes is offline Senior Member

DefaultU-Fli tournament in Perry Georgia

Jubilee and I just got back from her first U-Fli tournament. Her team came in 4th but she did earn her first U-Fli title Top Flight...Here is video of a race. It isn't very good because it is from my point and shoot but if you watch closely at the last dogs running it was a tight race that we won. She just learned to box turn well but she hadn't been worked in two weeks so she wasn't bothering lol...
    <br /><br />...doted on by Andrea...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: U-Fli tournament in Perry Georgia

Great video!!

Congrats

Is that a Belgian Malinois that went first! OMG! I need to get one on my team (I just love love love the breed! )

none of the dogs seem to be doing a full turn (just the paws on the front)? I know you said you are still working on it for Jubilee but are the others going to try and get a turn as well?

Just curious. I know some teams do not care about the turn, just want the speed. As I've mentionned before the turn is like #1 priority on my team LOL! Seriously, if the dog is doing a lazy turn they go back to box turns to get them back on track!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Yes it is a Belgian Mal...

I don't usually run with this team. This team is based out of different multiple parts of the state. We had too many green dogs to run a successful team so I went with them and we ran our greenies in singles. This is a huge club with multiple teams. Quite a few of them that we were racing with are out of South FLorida so I have never even practiced with them. I know when I practice with the north florida portion of the club they teach and enforce box turns but you will learn that what you teach your dog isn't necessarily what they do in the ring lol. Some dogs will never do a box turn no matter what you do. Jubilee was rocking the swimmers turn with no props two weeks ago but I was unable to run her for two weeks so that is what I got as a result...soooo it is back to box work tomorrow (she got a rest today). Being underconditioned/trained, I was lucky she ran clean for the most part!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

LOL! amazing how different teams can be But how cool is it to just go have fun with new people!

I know you mentioned working on the box turn. Like I said, even veterans on our team go back to basics now and then (after a break or just a bout of stubbornness). Your girls is looking really great though, very smooth run!

LOVE the bel mal!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Yea that is the plan for today. We have practice on Sunday so I plan to have her up and running well by then. I didn't have time to do anything with her before this tournament so I just hoped for the best. She will pick back up fast. I don't have any concerns.