What to do when dog left alone during day and cleaning advice...

Thread: What to do when dog left alone during day and cleaning advice...

untold is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhat to do when dog left alone during day and cleaning advice...

I have 6 weeks old puppy he's actually quite smart, he seems to be catching on already to using the grass to 'go bathroom' although he still has his accidents because he's so young. It appears I have some poop on the ground and he sniffs it and thinks it's okay to use the RR in the general area of it. What do you recommend for cleaning?

Second question, I'm leaving my puppy in the restroom until I get a crate from a friend who no longer needs it, it seems when I'm gone my puppy is yelping. I put on a radio above him, not sure if that helps? Any other suggestions besides that?

Thanks in advance!
    --<br />Mike owner of:<br />Toby the Yellow Lab, Born 2/14/2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: What to do when dog left alone during day and cleaning advice...

Use Nature's Miracle to get rid of the odors so the dog can't smell it any longer. It's available at most any pet store.

It will help when you get a crate ~ cover a couple of sides with a sheet or blanket to make it dark.

How long are you leaving the puppy? He is VERY young so whining is to be expected.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Please be sure the pup cannot get into any of the toilet products (cleaners and such) - lock those cupboards (don't assume the pup will not be able to open it)

Get that crate ASAP.

The pup is EXTREMELY young, the whining would sound normal to me.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

untold is offline Junior Member

Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll head to pets mart tonight. How long should I expect the yelping? I live close to my office so I'm trying to only leave him alone for no greater than 4hours at a time.
    --<br />Mike owner of:<br />Toby the Yellow Lab, Born 2/14/2007

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by untold
    Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll head to pets mart tonight. How long should I expect the yelping? I live close to my office so I'm trying to only leave him alone for no greater than 4hours at a time.
    Can I ask where your puppy is pottying? A 6 week old puppy can only hold it for probably 2 hours, and that's if he's confined in a portion of his crate (hopefully you got a crate w/ a divider as you have to make the area small so he won't potty in it). A general rule of thumb is that a puppy can only hold it for an hour for every month of age plus 1. So a 2 month old puppy could go 3 hours, a 3 month old for 4 hours, and so on. I'm afraid potty training is going to be difficult for you if you are letting the puppy potty in your bathroom.