Whats the best way to house train a puppy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best way to house train a puppy?

Joker62484 is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhats the best way to house train a puppy?

She is doing ok because i take her out all the time, but is there any thing else i can do besides take her out allot? What should i do if she pee's or poop's inside?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Whats the best way to house train a puppy?

read the best advice thread at the top.
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Have something like Nature's Miracle on hand, so that you can completely eliminate the odor from where she's gone. But it sounds like you are on the right track. I always say like a broken record, house training your puppy is all about your vigilance - if you do your duty and keep an eye on them, and get them out, and praise them for going pee outside etc., then you are 90% of the way there. The other 10% is just waiting for your pup to catch on.

Keep up the good work! How old is your pup now?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

shes about 10 weeks old

Sounds like you guys are right on track then I think we need some puppy pics!! ;D

theres a few i will be taking more though ;D ;D

Eeeee!! Look at the cuteness! I love, love, love the pic with her and the cat, so priceless! And the one with the duck! Cute!

Thanks for posting those, I've had my puppy fix for the night now ;D

loriwolfelabluv is offline Senior Member

what a cutie ;D
    &quot;He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.&quot;<br />Author Unknown

steveandginger is offline Senior Member

Joker --

I am no expert, but I just got through the housebreaking/potty-training stage with my lab pup (my first). I don't know what the "best" way is, but if you really want a detailed description, I'd be glad to tell you how we went about doing it. I am not sure if this is what you want or not, but if you want the whole she-bang, from start to finish, let me know and I'll type it out for you.

Steve

P.S. As for "accidents," everyone says you really shouldn't do ANYTHING, unless you catch them actually in the act (then you can yell NO!! and immediately scoop them up and take them outside to finish -- then praise them for finishing outside).

Corbell is offline Junior Member

...about the 'accidents'. I don't remember where I read this, but... mom NEVER cleans up my accidents in front of me. I am put in the crate or other room while she cleans up and then my accidents were mysteriously gone when I was a puppy -- I couldn't even smell them because of the 'Nature's Miracle'.

Another very unpopular thing that mom and dad did but it worked well for me was to allow me to sleep at the foot of the bed when I was a pup and then I migrated to the floor when I got bigger on my bed and am now in the hall on my bed. Why they caved in and let me sleep on the bed is because I cried to be let out every 2 hours at night when I was really little but I found that I could sleep 5/6 hours without needing to urgently go if I got to sleep with my people. They only had to wash the sheets from my accident once I think.

Yes, sleeping with your people is unpopular but people do desperate things when they need sleep and I was SO cute -- I still am but don't fit anymore and the baby gets the bed now. I still enjoy lying just outside of everybody's room listening to my people sleep. But shhh... this also seems very unpopular but it works for me.

Corbell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast