I Hate Rocks!!

Thread: I Hate Rocks!!

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultI Hate Rocks!!

I know I know I know this is not uncommon........my 4 month old lab cannot keep her jaws off a rock, any rock, EVER. So far I have not seen her actually swallow one. Probably because I get it out of her mouth or bribe her with a treat to drop it, which she does. I'm just a little nervous of her swallowing one. I know it has most likely happened to many many other labs before. We have a french drain in a small portion of our backyard, which consists of.....lots and lots of rocks. Until we can figure something else out with that, is there a deterrent I could spray on the rocks that would keep her busy little jaws off them? I have tried the Liquid Fence stuff (smells like big time garlic-----yuk) and it does absolutely nothing. The Bitter Apple has worked indoors on some of our furniture. I was wondering if it will work on the rocks. Guess I'll have to try it and see. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dezicartel is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: I Hate Rocks!!

I am interested in an answer to this to....I am going to pick up a pup next week, and have been researching for months, and this board is packed with great info....but this is one question that doesnt have a whole lotta info on it....Any suggestions? I got a LOT of rocks in my backyard...

khewston is offline Junior Member

Our 8 month old will try to pick up every rock he sees and we have to pry his mouth open to get them out. He'll also put anything he can find on the ground in his mouth such as rocks. We bought an invisible fence but I'm afraid to let him run the yard at this time because we are concerned about his safety.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

Well, I'm almost psyched......I'll see for real in a few days. I sprayed Bitter Apple all over the rocks I mentioned in my other post, and I think it worked!! She doesn't bother with them now! However, I will have to reapply the Bitter Apple after it rains I guess, and that stuff ain't cheap! But I'll do it, if it gives me a little peace of mind. Not totally out of the woods though, because every time she digs in the yard.....more rocks. I just have to keep on top of her and tell her "Leave it", and really watch her out there. I may not be able to puppy proof the world, (and I know in her lifetime she'll eat some things I won't be able to prevent), but at least I can try my best to puppy proof my yard! Try the Bitter Apple; that stuff saves my sanity!