how much stimulation is too much for puppy?

Thread: how much stimulation is too much for puppy?

megsmarch88 is offline Member

Defaulthow much stimulation is too much for puppy?

We've had Duke for one week today--how should I handle this-- All of my coworkers are dying to play with him, (he's around ten weeks) and the owners of the jewelry store where I work suggested that I bring him to work with me one day, and keep him in his crate in the kitchen (in the back of store.) where people could play with him during the day. Do you think this would be a fun, stimulating day for him, or just confusing and exhausting?? He's a quiet, good boy in his crate at home, but he could be a loudmouth in a strange place, huh? Speaking of his mouth....my husband and I have dubbed him "Landshark" b/c when he's playing with us, his mouth is constantly hanging open waiting to bite something. heehee....our little Landshark...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_blacklab1973 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: how much stimulation is too much for puppy?

Landshark ;D We have a crocodile living with us

I am sorry I don't have any real advice on whether you should bring him to work or not. I brought Ernie to work but it was only for about 15 minutes and he did really well.

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

I'm no expert on this as I am a new puppy owner, but to me 10 weeks seems a little young to be bringing your pup out and about in public. I didn't bring our puppy to any public places other than the vet until she had all her puppy shots. She just had her last set of puppy boosters last week so now I feel more comfortable taking her for walks around the neighborhood, etc. If you bring your pup to work, where will he go potty? If he is going potty outside now, where will he go at your workplace? I think it could be risky if he went where other dogs have been if he is not fully vaccinated yet. I think your pup's health is more important right now than your coworker's desire to play with him. Maybe they could come to your house after work to play with him? Again, this is just my 2 cents. Hopefully more experienced dog owners will respond and give you the right advice. Good luck with your little guy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No, I agree with what you are saying. I just wanted to have an excuse to tell them...."Well, other dog experts seem to think it would not be a good ide. " His health is much more impotant to me!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I agree that he is a little too young right now.

Will him coming to work with you be a perminant feature? if so, then yes, I would absolutely bring him. Not many dogs are lucky enough to be able to accompany their owners to work. That is a million times better than being left alone all day. Think of all the fun and socialization he will get. You can always pop him in his crate when he gets tired.

No--he won't be coming with me permanently...unfortunately--I miss both of my pups while I'm at work! I think I'll just wait until he's fully vaccinated to bring him, and until then people can make house calls to see the new baby...and they could bring a casserole or something, too. Sheesh...I forgot how much time was involved in raising a pup! ;D ;D

MarlansMum is offline Senior Member

Your pup is so cute! I love him!