Illusion collar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illusion collar

imported_111@@@ is offline Senior Member

DefaultIllusion collar

has anyone ever tried this collar before? does it work? is it any different from any other collar? just wanna know i've been thinking about buying it but i wanna know if anyone has used it and if it works

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Illusion collar

This is the Cesar Millan collar, right?

You can achieve the same results with a regular slip rope lead placed up against the ears. That is how I train my dogs to heel.

yea the cesar millan one. yea thats what i wanted to know if its different from anything else that i can buy cheaper. but i also wanna know if anyone has used it and what they thought about it

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

A rope leash will cost you a couple of dollars (or pounds in my case). You could even make one yourself.

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

The Illusion collar is really intended for a dog that is a strong puller that hasn't had any good training. Since Caesar tends to work with problem dogs I'm sure this kind of collar really helps some people in controlling their dog on walks and allows them to get the dog the exercise it needs without being pulled down the street.

You should try to work with a more conventional collar before opting for this IMHO.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog

You should try to work with a more conventional collar before opting for this IMHO.

and what type of collar would that be?

How old is your puppy/dog? I would start with just a flat collar. Are you having any specific issues?

shes 7 months. just the issue is pulling and trying to keep a loose leash.

That just takes a lot of work. I had to finally go to a prong with my male because he was just too strong and I was just not very savvy with dogs. I still walk both dogs with prongs, but I work with a martingale when with just 1 dog. It gives me the ability to give a little correction. I allowed my male to pull from day one. My preference is to have a collar that provides the same kind of correction you would need to give in obedience. The illusion collar and the halters don't allow that. However a lot of people really like the gentle leader. You might want to take a look at that.

I can't speak from experience because I did go about this wrong, but what you want to do is every time your dog starts to pull ahead turn around and go the other way. Make them start to anticipate your move vs being the one directing your movement. This may mean you don't get very far on your walks, but eventually they will understand. I have found I do best by having my dogs at my side vs in front of me.

Sorry for this being so jumbled- I'm on my way out of the office for the day and wanted to get this posted. If I can find some good articles I'll post some links for you. Or maybe someone else will see this and provide some good info as well.

i have the prong collar but its kinda hard to work cause if i have it on it seems to tight then whe i add a link its to loose i just can't get it perfect. i've been think about getting the easy walk harness. also i don't mind if my dog is in front of me aslong and the leash is not tight i just ethier want her to be next to me or just in front of me with a loose leash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast