Throwing up at night.

Thread: Throwing up at night.

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

DefaultThrowing up at night.

My 4 month old pup has thrown up at night twice in the last 10-12 days. Once was a night he was playing with another dog all night but last night was a pretty relaxed night. Anything to be concerned about? He seems to be ok otherwise.
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Throwing up at night.

I would try giving a cookie at bedtime. Sami used to throw up because she had an empty stomach & doing this eliminated it. See if that helps.

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

My girl was doing a lot of bile puking at night or very early in the morning..I switched her to Nutro Sensitive Stomach and feed her a little bit about 1/4 cup an hour before bed time.My vet said it was reflux from an empty stomach. I guess some dogs cannot go for too long of a time without something in their stomach>>>>much like us humnans :P

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

Well we feed her early at about 5:30 pm. Last night she threw up at about 11:30 and there was quit a bit of food in there. Same thing occurred about 10 days ago. I would have thought it would have been fully digested by then.

Same thing occurred last time. I have been monitoring for a blockage. He ate this morning and had a BM then ate lunch. Am waiting now.
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you've got a handle - good luck.
    Brenda from Connecticut

I have had the same problem the past few nights. It seems to me that when Sadie (4 months) has been running around with visitors or other pups around 1 am she throws up and alot of food is inside of it. I thought if I stopped feeding her past a certain time at night this would remedy that, unfortunatly it did not. I don't know if when she gets excited and then eats, she possibly doesn't digest. It's not every night so I didn't worry too much. I wonder now if she does have reflux.

megsmarch88 is offline Member

This sounds exactly like what happened to my now 5-year old lab, Nellie. When she was about 3 or 4 months old, she would wake up every, single morning around 2 or 3, and throw up bile. After numerous trips to the vet, and trying to modify her diet, he suggested giving her a Pepcid AC before bedtime. She stopped throwing up the first night. Now, 5 years later she always gets her Pepcid before bedtime! To avoid going broke, you can get the generic drug "Famitodine" in bulk at Sam's for about 5 bucks! Good luck!