Stubborn and aggressive..????

Thread: Stubborn and aggressive..????

JackieN is offline Senior Member

DefaultStubborn and aggressive..????

Hi all..my problem right now is..for instance..say I drop a load of coupons on the floor..and Dakota is near me..he lunges for the papers as I'm trying to pick them up..I grab his collar with one hand..while trying to pick up the coupons he's trying desperately to get too..he then starts trying to bite my hand that is holding him, when I stop picking up coupons for a minute to move him away, he gets wild and crazy if I don't let him go back to them. He's almost 4 months old. Now..other than leashing him and putting him in another room..which of course I know I could do..could someone tell me what this behavior is and offer any better solutions????? I even tried to make him "sit" while I picked them up, but that lasted for about 3 seconds..and back at it and my hand he went.
    Jackie
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stubborn and aggressive..????

Are you in formal obedience training? Might be a good idea, especially with LEAVE IT and SIT and DOWN and SETTLE and 100 other commands that are useful around the house......

JackieN is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stubborn and aggressive..????

No..I haven't started yet. He's fairly obedient, ie: sit..come..but when he wraps his head around something..he doesn't want to give in. I'll look into a local trainer. Thank you!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by dweck
    Are you in formal obedience training? Might be a good idea, especially with LEAVE IT and SIT and DOWN and SETTLE and 100 other commands that are useful around the house......
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />