Proud flyball mom brag...

Thread: Proud flyball mom brag...

gatorblueyes is offline Senior Member

DefaultProud flyball mom brag...

We were timing for the next tournament at practice today. Jubs first tournament she ran consistently between 5.5 and 6.0 seconds with an occassional 5.0. Today we wanted to time but the stopwatch hadn't arrived so we were using a papmered chef timer LOL...We didn't realize it only did whole seconds. So, Jubs ran and we realized we couldn't use that timer but the Captain said Jubs ran a 4 something. I thought no, that must be wrong. The timer arrived and we timed her again and she ran a 4.6 TWICE ! I realized that I am making her run faster by throwing a ball as she comes off the lane. I can't do that at a tournament so I stopped but she still ran a 5.1 consistently!!! My little girl is a bullet! ;D ;D ;D
    <br /><br />...doted on by Andrea...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultRe: Proud flyball mom brag...

WTG, She is very fast. GO Jubilee

Tanya is offline Senior Member

that's awesome!

Have you noticed how some of the bigger dogs "seem" to be going slower but time-wize they are faster? The little dogs have to put in more energy to go just as fast haha.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    that's awesome!

Have you noticed how some of the bigger dogs "seem" to be going slower but time-wize they are faster? The little dogs have to put in more energy to go just as fast haha.
    Yea it is funny. The crazy thing is Jubilee is significantly faster than any retriever I saw at the competition. She is probably just a little smaller than most and I think that gives her just the right advantage.

How are you guys making out???

Tanya is offline Senior Member

If she is coming in under 5 seconds that IS very fast! Hopefully she can do that during competitions as well

Rock is actually showing a great deal of improvement. He made HUGE improvements over the weekend. He is now picking up the ball on the shelf (first time he's done that) AND...doing a turn! My teamates were sure he's never get the turn in AND get teh ball due to his size. My "coach" said he'll get lots of comments if he keeps doing that turn - most big dogs apparently don't do it.

The hardest part for me is - I don't SEE the improvements! i'm too busy running AWAY from him haha.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    If she is coming in under 5 seconds that IS very fast! Hopefully she can do that during competitions as well

Rock is actually showing a great deal of improvement. He made HUGE improvements over the weekend. He is now picking up the ball on the shelf (first time he's done that) AND...doing a turn! My teamates were sure he's never get the turn in AND get teh ball due to his size. My "coach" said he'll get lots of comments if he keeps doing that turn - most big dogs apparently don't do it.

The hardest part for me is - I don't SEE the improvements! i'm too busy running AWAY from him haha.

I go to practice with the team that we are competing with on Sunday so I am going to see if I can get her under five again without throwing a ball to chase.
    Isn't it great when they improve and make connections? I am still working on perfecting Jubilee's turn. She turns well with a gate and a cone. Now I am down to a t-bar and she did really well today. I am going to hang with the t-bar for a few more sessions.
    I hate that we can't see our own dogs LOL. I was complaining because I was missing her turns and everyone kept commenting on her stride and I couldn't see it Finally someone took video at practice and I got to see what they were all talking about!