Just Labradors banner

RUNNING AWAY FROM ME!!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kvaler 
#1 ·
last week it was time for my labs yearly shots...
i put diva on her leash and took her outside in the front and was locking up the door whenever she wiggled her way out of her collar (my fault lol) and she just TOOK OFF. I called her, and called her..and called her, but it seemed like the more i called for her the further she would wonder off. i tried getting her back with food, but she wouldnt even let me get close to her, she would just take off even further.
is it possible to still train her to COME, and not have her run off??? she's 2 years old, and if so..HOWW???
it made me very upset ???

#2 ·
Sure you can still train her.
Rather than run towards her turn your back to her 3/4 of the way bend over at the waist put your hands on your thighs and call her in a really high happy voice. When she stops and you have her attention start running away from her as fast as you can. This will trigger her prey drive and she will come running after you.
Olie

#4 ·
Oonas Dad said:
Sure you can still train her.
Rather than run towards her turn your back to her 3/4 of the way bend over at the waist put your hands on your thighs and call her in a really high happy voice. When she stops and you have her attention start running away from her as fast as you can. This will trigger her prey drive and she will come running after you.
Olie
This IS GOOD run away from her ;D IF you run at her your playing her game that's no good ::)

#5 ·
Oldtucker I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in your post?

But yes - until you have a well trained "come" the BEST thing to do is what was described by trickster. RUN AWAY from them :)

Use the most high pitch voice you can (think a child playing a REALLY fun game) and call them. DO NOT use the word you will be using when training. Just call their name and maybe say the name of the favorite toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.