Hope someone has advice!

Thread: Hope someone has advice!

DefaultHope someone has advice!

Here is my situation, I take Bandit outside to do his business and he will pee right away, uaually. I will stay out with him for about 10-15 mins. and he wont go #2 but as soon as we get inside there he goes right on the floor. I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hope someone has advice!

What do you do when you are outside waiting for him to do #2??

Sometimes playing and running around with them gets their bowel (sp?) moving and he will be more likely to poop outside. When he does praise him like heck! Give him treats...throw a party for him* :P

If he doesn't poop in 20 mins then bring him inside and crate him right away for 10-15 mins and then take him outside again right away and see if he poops.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

I havn't tried getting him to run around, I thought that would just distract him, but thank you I will try that

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

A good run always loosens up my kids too!

What about when he goes in the house? If I catch him in the act do I discipline him in the middle of it or do I let him finish and then discipline? or do I discipline him at all?

Well get him outside if you can to finish.
    There are three times when a puppy is likely to go to the bathroom and you can control all three.
    Right after he eats.
    Right after he wakes up.
    During vigorous activity.
    At his age if you can't keep both eyes on him he should be in his crate. Don't feel guilty about it, it keeps him safe and as long as you don't use the crate as punishment he will learn to love it as his space.
    You have to learn his signals. If he is sniffing intently on the floor and circling around, he is looking for a spot to go.
    Always take him out the same door everytime so he doesn't get confused.
    Hang a bell on a shoestring on that doorknob at the level of his nose and make him touch it as you are going outside with him. Eventually he will get the connection.
    As Buckyball said, when he does his business outside act like you just won the lottery because you have.
    I never scolded Oona when she had an accident, I blamed myself for ignoring her signals or not taking her out often enough.
    Think about it this way, you wouldn't yell at a human baby if it had an accident.
    Make sure you clean the area with something like Natures Miracle because no matter how well you cleaned it he can still smell it.
    When you are cleaning up the accident put him in another room, you don't want him to get the idea that this is your job.
    DON'T EVER RUB HIS NOSE IN IT.
    If you yell at him for a behavior that is normal it might lead to submissive urination or he might just go into another room and do it while your not looking.
    Jeff this is a process of the two of you getting to know each others habits and schedules. Its going to take some time and accidents are going to happen. Every one of us has gone through this.
    good luck
    Olie

Sorry Kayte I got you mixed up with Jeff. :-X
    Olie