Question About Puppies With Worms

Thread: Question About Puppies With Worms

kk4389 is offline Member

DefaultQuestion About Puppies With Worms

Hello Everyone. We finally got our babies! They are just about 8 weeks! Bear & Brady. We just adore them! A LOT of work!! More than I could EVER imagine, but I am home with them ALL DAY and my Mom is there most of the time as well. So between the 2 of us, we got a good handle on them.

My question is this: Both puppies have worms. (roundworms) They were de-wormed at their 1st vet visit. They go for their 2nd visit & de-worming in 3 weeks. Bear is crying and kindof moaning immediately and during his bowel movements. As soon as he is done, he goes right back to playing and seems fine. His stool is very soft, but not watery. We DID see a lot of worms come out from both of them (which I think is good as it is a sign that the de-wormer is working). But It breaks my heart every time I hear Bear go to the bathroom.
    Should I be concerned with this? Or is this normal with puppies that have worms?

He eats 3/4 Cup of food 3 times per day. He weighs 13.6 pounds (that's right...13.6 pounds at 7.5 weeks! He is HUGE!!!! Biggest in the litter! And Brady is the "runt" weihing only 8.6 pounds)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Question About Puppies With Worms

if he has a lot of worms [and it is pretty much standard for pups to have them] he may be having some cramping [at the unaccustomed room in there since the worms are gone?] .
    as long as he seems happy and active otherwise, i wouldn't worry--if he starts to act 'down' or drags around, call the vet!

kk4389 is offline Member

Thanks so much for the help. I feel better knowing it probably isn't anything too serious or painful. I feel like it is my own child, ya know? I just love him so much.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momof3inbc Guest

When Maggie had her "worm" (tapeworm and roundworm) episode her abdomen was sore as well. IT went away within a couple of days (after taking the Drontal Plus).

kk4389 is offline Member

Thanks momof3inbc for the info. They seems to be getting a little better as days go on.