Sleeping out of the Crate!

Thread: Sleeping out of the Crate!

DefaultSleeping out of the Crate!

Zora is 7 months now, and we have decided to give her the choice of sleeping out of the crate for the past week. I put her big pillow bed next to my side of the bed, but we have left her crate open to give her the option of sleeping in there. She has slept on the pillow for 7 days now with no problem. I usually get up once at night to use the restroom, and she is awake, so happy to see me as though it's time to play. I let her out, and tell her to lay back down on her pillow and she does. No problems so far. It's so cute because at 6:30am she jumps up on the bed to wake me up, kissing and waging her tale. Much better than an alarm clock!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sleeping out of the Crate!

Good girl Zora.. ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

YAY Zora!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good job Zora.
    Bailey is almost 8 months now & I wanted to start trying the same thing; hope it'll go as well as it has for you!!

We did the same thing when Toby was 9 months old, because it got really hot here in the summer and we wanted him to be able to lie down by the sliding glass door. To my amazement, he acted just the way your Zora did!!! He now sleeps half the night in the crate, half the night out, and wakes me with very gentle paws on the bed and if I don't tell him to go away, I get licked until I'm awake. I'm still stunned I can tell him I'm not done sleeping and he will respect that and try again later!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlemom
    We did the same thing when Toby was 9 months old, because it got really hot here in the summer and we wanted him to be able to lie down by the sliding glass door.* To my amazement, he acted just the way your Zora did!!!* He now sleeps half the night in the crate, half the night out, and wakes me with very gentle paws on the bed and if I don't tell him to go away, I get licked until I'm awake.* I'm still stunned I can tell him I'm not done sleeping and he will respect that and try again later!
    This is what Zora does in the middle of the night. Only She tends to throw her paws over and on my face. (this can hurt!). But, I tell her, not yet, lay down and she does. Aren't they sweet!!!

Dave_and_Christie Guest

Zora reminds me of our Sadie! So cute!! Very impressive that she has responded to the night time freedom so well. Sadie is just over 7 months, but we haven't tried it yet. Soon!