She keeps going the washroom in the house

Thread: She keeps going the washroom in the house

DefaultShe keeps going the washroom in the house

Katie (my first dog) is a choclate lab, who is just turned 8 months old. Just when I think we have completed the toilet traning she messes up again. Yesterday she had 3 (Pee) accidents in the house. She does not have free run of the house yet because of this problem. At night she is great and we keep her in a crate. During the day she is usually alone for 4 hours, most of the time she is blocked in the kitchen. Yesterday she had 2 accidents in the kitchen and then one in my sons room(after she came in from outside). I'am getting very frustrated now and don't know when it will stop. Peope tell me that by now she should know what to do and is just being bad. She is a very active dog, we do try and get her out for 3 walks a day. Help and advise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: She keeps going the washroom in the house

I would have her checked for a UTI. It seems very unusual to have 2 pee accidents in 4 hours w/o something else going on. Also, if she doesn't have a UTI, why not crate her when you're gone. That's the whole purpose of crate training -- because they don't want to soil where they sleep.

Good luck

UTI was my first thought too. I'd have her checked for sure.

Is she on a feeding/watering schedule?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I just started picking up her water at 8:00 p.m. and feeding is 2 times a day.
    thanks for the advise, we had a good weekend with no accidents, I hope it will keep up.

Me too, good luck.