house breaking feedback
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: house breaking feedback

Defaulthouse breaking feedback

Hello All,

I'm new here and was hoping to get some feedback.

We have a 9 week old pup and so far we've had one pee accident (yesterday) and 3 poop accidents. Two of the poop accidents were within the first 2 days we had him and one was this morning. The one poop accident this morning happened while my husband was getting the leash, etc to take him out so we knew he had to go we just weren't quick enough. It is one week today since we got him.

Just wanted some replies as to whether we are doing okay or not. I know each puppy and situation is unique I just was curious as to how others did their first week or so home as far as accidents go.

Thank you!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: house breaking feedback

You probably are doing ok but it is hard to know without knowing how often you are taking your pup out to do his business. Just remember to take him out after he wakes up, eats and plays. Basically, a lot!

Sounds to me like you're doing fine. We had some accidents too, and for longer than a week.

Next time hub isn't quite quick enough, and there's a poop accident, take a newspaper, roll it up......and whack hub up side the head ;D (just jokin')

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LOL Djc!!

It took a lot of restraint to not start down the "I told you so .... " path. I was with my daughter and I kept saying "bring him out!!!"...Oh well...thanks for the reply!

It's so hard at that age sounds like you're doing fine.

Keep the pup on a strict feeding/watering schedule and praise him like he just pick the winning lottery ticket EVERY time he goes outside.

My pup is 8 weeks old and we have been trying for 2 weeks to get him completely trained.....he still has accidents poop and pee. Unfortunately you can't watch them every minute to make sure they go outside...there like baby's everytime they wake up or eat and drink or even play they have to go..... he'll get there just as sure a mine will get there

when youre housebreaking the pup do u always do it at the same time of the day?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

when youre* *housebreaking* *the pup do u always do it at the same time of the day?
    Not necessarily but you should keep a pup on a strict routine if you want to make quick progress. By having the pup on a routine you are minimizing the risk of accidents. What you can do is create a chart and list the times when the pup should go out to toilet...this way everyone in the house can keep track of when and if the pup needs to go out and there is no confusion.

ok we just got our pup tonight and we fed him as soon as we got home..waited 30minutes and took her out she didnt poop or pee..she just sat and prolly nervous..now shes in her crate idk if i should take her out again or not..she always sleeps is that normal for an 8wk old pup?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

ok we just got our pup tonight* and we fed him as soon as we got home..waited 30minutes and took her out she didnt poop or pee..she just sat and prolly nervous..now shes in her crate idk if i should take her out again or not..she always sleeps is that normal for an 8wk old pup?
    As you say, she is probably nervous. Don't worry -- it is totally normal for a pup to act this way. Prepare for a few rough nights ahead. Remember that your pup has just be separated from everything she ever knew...her mother, her littermates...and she has been placed in a strange new environment. It might take a while for her to show her true colors.

And yes, puppies should be sleeping most of the day. They need LOTS of rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast